Pop a couple of these balls for a perfect pick me up any time of day.
Quick, easy, and did I mention delicious?!
The Shopping List
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (as well as some for rolling balls)
- 1 2/3 cups cashews
- 3/4 medjool dates (pitted & roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (as well as some for rolling balls)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 pinches coarse salt (Himalayan)
Using a food processor, blend until coarse the cashews and coconut.
Add the dates, cranberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and salt.
Using the food processor, blend until it forms a rough that sticks together. Use the good old fashioned finger pinch test!
Make any adjustments after tasting.
Roll into small balls (about 1 inch) and then roll these in a mixture of shredded coconut and lemon zest.
Store in refrigerator. They will keep approximately a week and they freeze well too!
- Dried cherries, blueberries, chopped apricots, etc. all work wonderfully in place of cranberries! As does the juice of an orange and orange zest in lieu of a lemon.
- A versatile recipe, but remember to taste and adjust as you experiment.